When you use your Soprobec inhaler, remember to first breath as slowly as possible, and follow the following instructions from the Patient information leaflet.
1. To remove the mouthpiece cover, hold between the thumb and forefinger, squeeze gently and pull
apart. Check inside and outside to make sure that the mouthpiece is clean, and that there
are no foreign objects.
2. Hold the inhaler upright, with your thumb on the base, below the mouthpiece. Breathe out
as far as is comfortable.
3. Place the mouthpiece in your mouth between your teeth and close your lips around it but do not bite
4. Just after starting to breathe in through your mouth press down on the top of the inhaler to release a puff while still breathing in steadily and deeply
5. Hold your breath; take the inhaler from your mouth and your finger from the top of the inhaler.
Continue holding your breath for a few seconds or as long as is comfortable. Breathe out slowly.
6. If you are to take another puff, keep the inhaler upright and wait about half a minute before
repeating steps 2 to 5
7. After use always replace the mouthpiece cover to keep out dust and fluff. Replace firmly and snap
If you see ‘mist’ coming from the top of the inhaler or the sides of your mouth, beclometasone will
not get into your lungs as it should. Take another puff, carefully following the instructions from Step
People with weak hands or children may find it easier to hold the inhaler with both hands. Put the two
forefingers on top of the inhaler and both thumbs on the bottom below the mouthpiece.
If you have any concerns with the use of the Soprobec Inhaler please speak to your pharmacist or doctor.