£25.00 – £64.00
Differin is a topical treatment used for mild to moderate acne. It is in the class of medication known as retinoids.
Your Online Medical Consultation
Read upWhat is Differin? How do you take Differin? Side effects of Differin? Interactions with alcohol and food? Any interactions with other drugs? Is there any reason why I would not be able to take Differin? Why should I take Differin?
What is Differin?
The active ingredient in Differin is called adapalene. Differin has an anti-inflammatory effect reducing soreness and irritation. Differin is used on the face, chest or back for acne, where the skin may have lots of blackheads, spots and pimples.
How do you take Differin?
Always use this medicine exactly as your doctor has told you. Check with your doctor or pharmacist if you are not sure.
- Differin is only intended for use in adults and adolescents aged 12 years and over.
- This medicine is for EXTERNAL USE ONLY.
- Differin is applied at night before going to bed, unless your doctor has told you otherwise.
- Thoroughly wash the areas to be treated with water. Make sure the skin is clean and dry before using this medicine.
- Put a thin film of the cream with your fingertips on to the affected areas and rub in gently.
- Do not forget to wash your hands afterwards.
- How long you will have to use this medicine will depend on how quickly your acne improves. After you have used this medicine for 3 months, it is important that you see your doctor. He or she can then check the improvement of your acne.
Side effects of Differin?
All medicines have the potential to cause side effects.
The most common side effects of Differin:
- dry skin
- irritation of the skin
- burning sensation of the skin
- redness of the skin
These typically go away with use as your skin becomes accustomed to the medication.
Uncommon side effects of Differin include:
- local skin reactions (contact dermatitis)
- skin discomfort
- itching of the skin (pruritus)
- peeling skin (exfoliation)
- flare up of acne
Interactions with alcohol and food?
Alcohol dries out the skin so it is best to limit intake when taking using the course of treatment.
Any interactions with other drugs?
Differin does not interact with any drugs.
Is there any reason why I would not be able to take Differin?
Do not use Differin:
- If you are pregnant
- Children under the age of 12
- If you are planning a pregnancy
- If you are allergic to adapalene or any of the other ingredients of this medicine (listed in section 6).
Why should I take Differin?
As Differin is an anti-inflammatory, it decreases the appearance of acne on the skin.
Differin Cream, Differin Gel
1 x 45g Tube, 2 x 45g Tubes, 3 x 45g Tubes