Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.
If you need any help, call 01603 931 600 or click here to use our Live Chat
Frequently Asked Questions
The active ingredient in Differin is called adapalene. Differin has an anti-inflammatory effect reducing soreness and irritation. You can buy Differin Gel to treat mild to moderate acne on the face, chest, or back for acne, where the skin may have lots of blackheads, spots, and pimples.
Differin increases the turnover of skin cells keeping pores clear. As acne spots and pimples are often caused by pore blockages getting infected, Differin reduces the occurrence of spots and pimples.
Differin Gel can take up to four to six weeks before you see noticeable results. It should NOT be used for more than 3 months consecutively. The effectiveness of the treatment can vary from patient to patient. If you don’t feel like Differin is working for you after six weeks, speak to your healthcare professional about alternatives.
Whenever you buy Differin Gel online, or from your local GP, always use the medicine exactly as your doctor has told you. Check with your doctor or pharmacist if you are not sure.
- Differin is only intended for use in adults and adolescents aged 12 years and over.
- This medicine is for EXTERNAL USE ONLY.
- Differin is applied at night before going to bed, unless your doctor has told you otherwise.
- Thoroughly wash the areas to be treated with water. Make sure the skin is clean and dry before using this medicine.
- Put a thin film of the cream with your fingertips on to the affected areas and rub in gently.
- Do not forget to wash your hands afterwards.
- How long you will have to use this medicine will depend on how quickly your acne improves. After you have used this medicine for 3 months, it is important that you see your doctor. He or she can then check the improvement of your acne.
All medicines have the potential to cause side effects. The most common side effects of Differin:
- dry skin
- irritation of the skin
- burning sensation of the skin
- redness of the skin
These typically go away with use as your skin becomes accustomed to the medication. Uncommon side effects of Differin include:
- local skin reactions (contact dermatitis)
- skin discomfort
- itching of the skin (pruritus)
- peeling skin (exfoliation)
- flare-up of acne
You can find out more about Differin Gel online in the Differin Gel patient information leaflet.
Acne is a common skin condition that affects most people at some point. It causes spots, oily skin, and sometimes skin that’s hot or painful to touch. Acne commonly develops on the face, chest, and back. Acne is commonly linked to a change in hormone levels which can happen in puberty and menstrual cycles, as well as to genetic factors.
There is not always a known cause for Acne, but it is very common and affects around 95% of people aged 11-30 to some extent. For mild to moderate Acne often a pharmacist will be able to offer you creams and treatments that can help reduce acne pimples.
Other information on the causes of acne can be read about on the NHS website.
Before you buy Differin Gel online please read the ways that are recommended to prevent acne flare-ups:
- Not washing the affected area more than twice a day
- Use a mild soap or cleanser and lukewarm water
- Do not try to “clean out” blackheads or squeeze spots. This can make them worse and cause permanent scarring.
- Avoid using too much make-up and cosmetics. Use water-based products that are described as non-comedogenic.
- Completely remove make-up before going to bed.
- If dry skin is a problem, use a fragrance-free water-based emollient.
- Regular exercise cannot improve your acne, but it can boost your mood and improve your self-esteem. Shower as soon as possible once you finish exercising as sweat can irritate your acne.
- Wash your hair regularly and try to avoid letting your hair fall across your face
Alcohol dries out the skin so it is best to limit intake when you buy Differin Gel and commence the course of treatment.
If you buy Differin Gel it will not interact with any drugs.
Do not use Differin Gel:
- If you are pregnant
- Children under the age of 12
- If you are planning a pregnancy
- If you are allergic to adapalene or any of the other ingredients of this medicine
When you buy Differin Gel it will act as an anti-inflammatory decreasing the appearance of acne on the skin. Acne can decrease self-confidence so when you buy Differin Gel online, or from your local GP, it can improve this! It is important to remember,
- Acne is very common in teenagers and younger adults. About 95% of people aged 11 to 30 are affected by acne to some extent.
- Acne is most common in girls from the ages of 14 to 17, and in boys from the ages of 16 to 19.
- Most people have acne on and off for several years before their symptoms start to improve as they get older.
- Acne often disappears when a person is in their mid-20s.
- In some cases, acne can continue into adult life. About 3% of adults have acne over the age of 35.
Yes, you can legally buy Differin Gel online from registered online prescribers such as e-Surgery.
Whenever you buy Differin Gel or any other medication, make sure you check for the green GPhC and MHRA logos on the bottom of each page of the website you are using.
You can use the GPhC website to check if a pharmacy is registered, this will ensure that when you buy Differin Gel online it will be genuine.
You can learn more about this Differin Gel online in the Patient Information Leaflet, which contains more useful information.
You can also use our completely free Ask-a-Pharmacist service to get health advice from a trained professional. We’re here to help!
If you choose to buy Differin Gel online from e-Surgery prices start at £24.95. This includes the cost of private prescription.
Do not store Differin above 25°C and do not freeze. Store the closed Differin tube away from direct heat as per instruction of the patient information leaflet.
Do not use Differin after the expiry date which is stated on the tube and carton. Whenever you buy Differin Gel online, or any other medication, please check the expiry date when it arrives to you in the post.
e-Surgery uses Royal Mail delivery with choices starting from;Royal Mail 48 tracked delivery, Royal Mail tracked 24 and Royal Mail 1pm special delivery. (discover more about e-Surgery delivery).When you buy Differin Gel it will arrive in discreet, recyclable packaging at a delivery address of your choice.
Find out more if you are unsure how to recycle our packaging.
e-Surgery is UK’s leading online Prescriber & Pharmacy focused on sustainability. We are regulated by the GPhC and MHRA to provide you with a safe and simple way to order your medication online.LEARN MORE