When you require a dose of your Seretide Accuhaler you should follow the information on the patient information leaflet:
1. To open your Accuhaler, hold the outer case in one hand and put the thumb of your other hand on
the thumbgrip. Push your thumb away from you as far as it will go. You will hear a click. This
will open a small hole in the mouthpiece.
2. Hold your Accuhaler with the mouthpiece towards you. You can hold it in either your right or left
hand. Slide the lever away from you as far as it will go. You will hear a click. This places a dose
of your medicine in the mouthpiece.
(Every time the lever is pulled back a blister is opened inside and the powder made ready for you to
inhale. Do not play with the lever as this opens the blisters and wastes medicine.)
3. Hold the Accuhaler away from your mouth, breathe out as far as is comfortable. Do not breathe
into your Accuhaler.
4. Put the mouthpiece to your lips; breathe in steadily and deeply through the Accuhaler, not through
Remove the Accuhaler from your mouth.
Hold your breath for about 10 seconds or for as long as is comfortable.
Breathe out slowly.
5. Afterwards, rinse your mouth with water and spit it out, and/or brush your teeth. This may help to
stop you getting thrush and becoming hoarse.
6. To close the Accuhaler, slide the thumb grip back towards you, as far as it will go. You will hear a
The lever will return to its original position and is reset. Your Accuhaler is now ready for you to use again.
We advise that you consult with your doctor or prescriber before you use or buy a Seretide Inhaler online.