£8.95 – £19.95
Candesartan tablets belong to a group of medicines known as angiotensin II receptor antagonists which works to reduce high blood pressure by relaxing the blood vessels which allows blood to flow more easily.
Price CheckerCandesartan Tablets
Please note: Our price checker is only to be used as a reference of our price for this medication. If you are approved by our prescribers, they will decide on a suitable treatment for you to jointly consider.
Your Online Medical Consultation
Read upWhat are Candesartan tablets? How to take Candesartan tablets? What is high blood pressure? What causes high blood pressure? Symptoms of high blood pressure? Side effects of Candesartan tablets? Interactions between Candesartan tablets and food/alcohol? Interaction between Candesartan tablets and other drugs? Is there any reason I would not be able to take Candesartan tablets? Why should I take Candesartan tablets? Are there other medications that can reduce my high blood pressure? What are the differences between Candesartan Tablets and Losartan? How do I store Candesartan tablets? Can I buy Candesartan tablets online? Where can I get more information about Candesartan tablets online? How will my Candesartan tablets be delivered? How to dispose of Candesartan tablets bought online?
What are Candesartan tablets?
The active ingredient in Candesartan tablets is candesartan cilexetil. This belongs to a group of medicines called angiotensin II receptor antagonists. It works by making your blood vessels relax and widen. This helps to lower your blood pressure. It also makes it easier for your heart to pump blood to all parts of your body.
Take one Candesartan tablet a day, it can be taken at any time but try to take it at the same time each day. It can cause some dizziness but this is generally temporary and will pass.
High blood pressure rarely has noticeable symptoms, and if left untreated greatly increases the risk of stroke and heart attack. High blood pressure occurs for a variety of reasons including genetic predispositions, weight and old age. Medication such as Candesartan tablets may be prescribed to help reduce high blood pressure and therefore reduce the risk of heart attack or stroke.
Candesartan tablets should be taken daily with water, there are a variety of dosages and your doctor may start you on a lower dose to begin with and gradually increase it as needed. This may be different depending on your circumstances, it’s important to always follow what your doctor has prescribed. Candesartan tablets will be most effective in combination with a healthy diet and exercise as this will naturally reduce your blood pressure.
If Candesartan tablets are not effective there are other medications for high blood pressure. Speak to your doctor or pharmacist to find the best solution for you. You can order Candesartan tablets online from e-Surgery with a quick health questionnaire. Use our free Ask a Pharmacist service to find the right medication for you.
Find out how you can help reduce your high blood pressure at home.
How to take Candesartan tablets?
Take one Candesartan tablet daily with water as your doctor has prescribed. You may take it at any time of day with or without food.
Try to take each tablet at the same time each day.
If you forget to take a tablet take it as soon as you remember. If it is nearer to the time you would take your next dose wait and take it then. Do not take two Atenolol tablets at once.
Continue to take Candesartan tablets until your doctor says otherwise, even if you start to feel better. If you feel like the Candesartan tablets are not working or you are experiencing unmanageable side effects speak to your Doctor or pharmacist about changing medication or dosage.
What is high blood pressure?
Around a third of adults in the UK have high blood pressure, although many will not realise it.The only way to find out if your blood pressure is high is to have your blood pressure checked. Adults over 40 are advised to get their blood pressure checked every 5 years.
If your blood pressure is high you are at risk of developing certain diseases and can be a sign of more serious issues like obesity. Medication such as Candesartan tablets can help reduce your blood pressure
What causes high blood pressure?
Common causes of high blood pressure include:
- age – the risk of developing high blood pressure increases as you get older
- a family history of high blood pressure
- being of African or Caribbean origin
- a high amount of salt in your food
- lack of exercise
- being overweight
- regularly drinking large amounts of alcohol
- long-term sleep deprivation
- Long term health conditions such as diabetes, kidney disease and lupus
Making healthy lifestyle changes can help keep your blood pressure at a normal level. High blood pressure can also be triggered by certain medication. These include:
- the contraceptive pill
- non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs) – such as ibuprofen and naproxen
- some pharmacy cough and cold remedies
- some herbal remedies – particularly those containing liquorice
- some recreational drugs – such as cocaine and amphetamines
- some selective serotonin-noradrenaline reuptake inhibitor (SSNRI) antidepressants – such as venlafaxine
Symptoms of high blood pressure?
High blood pressure is often symptom-less, and you will not necessarily know you have it until you get tested. Although some symptoms can include:
- Fatigue or confusion
- Vision problems
- Chest pain
- Difficulty breathing
- Irregular heartbeat
- Blood in the urine
- Pounding in your chest, neck, or ears
If you experience any of these symptoms, contact your doctor straight away.
Side effects of Candesartan tablets?
As with all medication Atenolol tablets have a possibility of side effects. You can read more about symptoms in the Candesartan tablet patient information leaflet. Some common side effects include:
- Feeling dizzy/spinning sensation
- Respiratory infection
- Low blood pressure
- Changes in blood test results
- An increased amount of potassium in your blood, especially if you already have kidney problems or heart failure (If this is severe you may notice tiredness, weakness, irregular heartbeat or pins and needles)
- Effects on how your kidneys work, especially if you already have kidney problems or heart failure
Contact a doctor or go to the hospital if you have any of the following side effects:
- difficulties in breathing, with or without swelling of the face, lips, tongue and/or throat
- swelling of the face, lips, tongue and/or throat, which may cause difficulties in swallowing
- severe itching of the skin (with raised lumps)
Candesartan tablets may cause a reduction in the number of white blood cells. Your resistance to infection may be decreased and you may notice tiredness, an infection or a fever. If this happens contact your doctor
These are very rare but worth keeping in mind. Find a full list of possible side effects in the Candesartan tablet patient information leaflet.
Interactions between Candesartan tablets and food/alcohol?
There is no reaction between Candesartan tablets and food, though a healthy diet will help decrease high blood pressure.
It is not recommended to drink whilst taking Candesartan tablets as it can increase certain side effects such as dizziness and lightheadedness. If you do drink it is recommended to stay under the national alcohol recommendation.
Interaction between Candesartan tablets and other drugs?
Candesartan tablets may be affected by certain medications. You should inform your doctor or prescriber if you are taking any of the following:
- Other medicines to help lower your blood pressure, including beta-blockers, diazoxide and ACE inhibitors such as enalapril, captopril, lisinopril or ramipril
- Non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs) such as ibuprofen, naproxen, diclofenac, celecoxib or etoricoxib (medicines to relieve pain and inflammation)
- Aspirin (if you are taking more than 3g each day)
- Potassium supplements or salt substitutes containing potassium (medicines that increase the amount of potassium in your blood)
- Heparin (a medicine for thinning the blood)
- Water tablets (diuretics)
- Lithium (a medicine for mental health problems)
- If you are taking an ACE-inhibitor or aliskiren
- If you are being treated with an ACE-inhibitor together with certain other medicines to treat your heart failure, which are known as mineralocorticoid receptors antagonists
Is there any reason I would not be able to take Candesartan tablets?
Inform your doctor or prescriber of any of the following conditions as Candesartan tablets may not be the correct choice:
- have heart, liver or kidney problems, or are on dialysis
- have recently had a kidney transplant
- are vomiting, have recently had severe vomiting, or have diarrhoea
- have a disease of the adrenal gland called Conn’s syndrome (also called primary hyperaldosteronism)
- have low blood pressure
- Taking an ACE-inhibitor (for example enalapril, lisinopril, ramipril) in particular if you have diabetes related kidney problems
- have ever had a stroke
Why should I take Candesartan tablets?
High blood pressure can lead to heart attacks, stroke and even death. Taking medication such as Candesartan tablets is a great way to reduce high blood pressure. In combination with a healthy diet and exercise (where possible) you can reduce the effects of high blood pressure. It is also really easy to order Candesartan tablets online and avoid the GP wait times and trips to the pharmacy. You can buy your Candesartan tablets online from a trusted online pharmacy such as e-Surgery, simply answer a quick 2 minute questionnaire and have your medications delivered to you with free shipping.
Are there other medications that can reduce my high blood pressure?
Yes there are plenty of other options and if one is ineffective your doctor may prescribe a different medication. Some examples include Ramipril, Perindopril and Amlodipine as well as beta-blockers such Bisoprolol.
What are the differences between Candesartan Tablets and Losartan?
Both Candesartan and Losartan belong to the same class of medication called angiotensin II receptor antagonists. They both work to relax blood vessels and lower blood pressure. The side effects are very similar, the biggest differences are in dosage and price. If you find that one of these medications does not work your doctor may suggest trying the other as everyone reacts differently to different medication.
How do I store Candesartan tablets?
Store Candesartan tablets in a cool, dry place away from children. Do not use Candesartan tablets after the expiry date on the box. You can find all this information and more in the Candesartan tablet patient information leaflet.
Can I buy Candesartan tablets online?
You can buy Candesartan tablets online from registered online prescribers such as e-Surgery.
Whenever you are buying Candesartan tablets or any other medication, make sure you check for the green GPhC and MHRA logo on the bottom of each page of the website you are using.
Where can I get more information about Candesartan tablets online?
You can find more information about Candesartan tablets in the Candesartan tablet patient information leaflet.
You can also use our completely free Ask-a-Pharmacist service to get health advice from a trained professional. We’re here to help!
How will my Candesartan tablets be delivered?
e-Surgery uses Royal Mail delivery with choices starting from FREE tracked delivery, Royal Mail tracked 24 from £2.50 and Royal Mail 1pm special delivery from £4.90 (discover more about e-Surgery delivery). Your Candesartan tablets will arrive in discreet, recyclable packaging at a delivery address of your choice. Find out to recycle packaging from e-Surgery.
How to dispose of Candesartan tablets bought online?
Candesartan tablets come in blister packs that are not currently recyclable, so once they have been used can be disposed of in a general waste bin. If the Candesartan tablets are unfinished dispose of medication safely and drop them off at a local pharmacy. Cardboard packaging and paper patient information leaflets are recyclable. For any more information on disposal of Candesartan tablets you can use our free Ask-a-Pharmacist service.
4mg, 8mg, 16mg, 32mg
1 Month Supply (28 Tablets), 2 Months Supply (56 Tablets), 3 Months Supply (84 Tablets)