Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.
If you need any help, call 01603 931 600 or click here to use our Live Chat
Frequently Asked Questions
Treclin Gel contains the active substances clindamycin and tretinoin.
Clindamycin is an antibiotic. Treclin Gel reduces the growth of bacteria associated with acne and the inflammation caused by these bacteria.
Tretinoin normalizes the growth of superficial skin cells and shedding of the cells that clog the hair follicles in areas with acne. This prevents the build-up of skin oil and the formation of blackheads and whiteheads.
Clindamycin and Tretinoin are more effective when combined together in the form of Treclin Gel, rather than being used alone.
You can buy Treclin Gel online at e-Surgery.
If you buy Treclin Gel you should always use the medicine exactly as directed by your doctor.
The usual recommended dose of Treclin Gel is a pea-sized amount applied once daily at bedtime.
Wash your face gently with mild soap and warm water and pat your skin dry with a towel. Squeeze a pea-sized amount of gel onto the fingertip. Dab the gel on your forehead, chin, nose and both cheeks, and then gently spread Treclin Gel evenly over your whole face.
Do not use more than the amount that has been suggested by your doctor, or apply the product more frequently than instructed. Too much medication may irritate the skin, and will not give faster or better results.
If you do buy Treclin Gel online and experience irritation you can minimise this by using the product every other night instead of every night until your skin adapts to it.
If the dryness, redness and peeling you may experience when using Treclin Gel is too uncomfortable for you try applying moisturiser to your skin and letting it sink in first before applying your treatment.
If your skin is too irritated after the first few days of using Treclin Gel take a few days off the medication and do not use any other medicated treatments on your skin until it eases. Slowly build up the amount of time your treatment is on your skin by washing it off after the first 60 minutes. Once you have built a tolerance you should be able to have the Treclin Gel on overnight.
The most common side effects of Treclin Gel are:
Acne, dry skin, redness of the skin, increased skin oil production, sensitivity of the skin to light, itching, rash, scaly rash, scaling of the skin, sunburn, inflamed skin, and redness of the skin.
Skin irritation and dryness typically goes away with continued use.
It is important to remember that side effects can be worse during the first few weeks of using your treatment and that is entirely normal.
Less common side effects of Treclin Gel are:
- Underactive thyroid gland (symptoms may include fatigue, weakness, weight gain, dry hair, rough pale skin, hair loss, increased sensitivity to cold).
- Eye irritation
- Gastroenteritis (inflammation of any part of the gastro-intestinal tract), nausea
- Inflamed skin, herpes simplex (cold sore), rash macular (small, flat, red spots), skin bleeding, skin burning sensation, loss of skin pigmentation, skin irritation
- Application site symptoms such as irritation, swelling, superficial skin damage, discolouration, itching, scaling
- Feeling hot, pain
Please read the full list of side effects before you buy Treclin Gel online in the Patient Information leaflet.
There are no known interactions between Treclin Gel and food.
As far as it is known, Treclin Gel does not interact with any drugs.
DO NOT use Treclin Gel:
- if you are pregnant
- if you are planning a pregnancy
- if you are allergic to clindamycin, tretinoin, or any of the other ingredients of this medicine.
- if you are allergic to lincomycin.
- if you have a chronic inflammatory bowel disease (e.g. Crohn’s disease or ulcerative colitis).
- if you have a history of colitis with past antibiotic use which is characterised by prolonged or significant diarrhoea or abdominal cramps.
- if you or a member of your family have ever suffered from skin cancer.
- if you are suffering from acute eczema which is characterised by inflamed, red, dry and scaly skin.
- if you are suffering from rosacea, a skin disease which affects the face and is characterised by redness, pimples and peeling.
- if you are suffering from other acute inflammatory conditions of the skin (e.g. folliculitis), especially around the mouth (perioral dermatitis).
- if you are suffering from certain special forms of acne vulgaris characterized by pustular and deep cystic nodular acne lesions (acne conglobata and acne fulminans).
If any of the above applies to you, do not use this medicine and talk to your doctor.
Treclin Gel contains a retinoid and an antibiotic meaning that it kills bacteria.
Retinoids reduce acne by preventing pores on your skin to be blocked up by oil and debris. The antibiotic will treat any underlying infection that is causing red pimples and pustules, therefore, using Treclin Gel will reduce the symptoms of acne.
After prolonged use, Treclin Gel will make changes to your skin which will make it less likely to get more acne.
Do not use Treclin Gel after the expiry date which is stated on the packaging. Do not store Treclin Gel above 25°C and do not freeze. Store the closed Treclin Gel tube away from direct heat.
Yes, you can legally buy Treclin Gel online from registered prescribers such as e-Surgery.
Whenever you are buying Treclin Gel online or any other medication, make sure you check for the green GPhC and MHRA logos on the bottom of each page of the website you are using.
Use the GPhC website, to check if a pharmacy is registered. This will ensure that if you buy Treclin Gel online it will be genuine.
Treclin Gel online from e-Surgery will will come in its original box. Sometimes we will place the box next to the item in the delivery packaging so it can fit through your letterbox easier. The Treclin Gel Patient Information Leaflet will also be included in your delivery.
e-Surgery uses Royal Mail delivery with choices starting from Royal Mail 48 tracked delivery, Royal Mail tracked 24 and Royal Mail 1pm special delivery (discover more about e-Surgery delivery).When you buy Treclin Gel online it will arrive in discreet, recyclable packaging at a delivery address of your choice. for more information, find out how to recycle packaging from e-Surgery.
When you buy Treclin Gel online from e-Surgery prices start at £21.50. This includes the cost of a private prescription.
e-Surgery is UK’s leading online Prescriber & Pharmacy focused on sustainability. We are regulated by the GPhC and MHRA to provide you with a safe and simple way to order your medication online.LEARN MORE