for same day dispatch
Buy Amlodipine for High Blood Pressure
Amlodipine Tablets Online
How it Works
Our service works in just three simple steps.
Choose your treatment
Search for your medication, condition, or Ask-a-Pharmacist if you need advice about your health.
Complete a consultation
Answer a quick consultation about your health, our prescribers will ensure that the medication is safe for you.
Delivered to your door
Your medication is dispensed from our UK Pharmacy and delivered to you by Royal Mail in recyclable packaging.
What Our Patients Say
Our patient care team is excellent!
Great service. Easy to use website and fast delivery I would definitely recommend Karole
So easy to use this site and my medication arrived as promised on time, really impressed. Jane
Superb. Quick delivery, easy buying process. Completely satisfied. Paul
Easy process, arrived quickly, saved me the job of trying to get an appointment with the doctors. Claire
A simple, quick, efficient and easy to use service. My prescription arrived as promised. Michael
Very good service, and prompt no delay, I will use e-Surgery again. David
Good website, professional online service, quick delivery. Can certainly recommend it. Jeroen
Great service and a wonderful idea. I am so grateful to e-Surgery. John
Frequently Asked Questions
What is Almodipine High Blood Pressure Treatment?
Amlodipine is a high blood pressure treatment and contains the active substance amlodipine which belongs to a group of medicines called calcium channel antagonists.
Amlodipine is used to treat high blood pressure (hypertension) and can also be used to treat a certain type of chest pain called angina. At e-Surgery we can only prescribe Amlodipine for high blood pressure.
How does Amlodipine work when treating high blood pressure?
Amlodipine treats high blood pressure by relaxing blood vessels, so that blood passes through them more easily. In patients with angina, Amlodipine works by improving blood supply to the heart muscle which then receives more oxygen and as a result chest pain is prevented.
How do I take Amlodipine for High Blood Pressure?
Swallow the Amlodipine one tablet whole with a drink of water, before or after food to reduce blood pressure. It is usually taken once daily, taken at the same time each day. Do not take Amlodipine with grapefruit juice, as this can increase the chance of side effects.
Amlodipine for high blood pressure is generally prescribed in 5mg tablets, but your doctor may adjust your dosage to as high as 10mg tablets. Taking too many Amlodipine tablets for high blood pressure can cause you to feel dizzy, lightheaded, weak or faint. Your skin may feel cool or clammy. Seek immediate medical attention if you take too many Amlodipine tablets for high blood pressure.
Is there any reason I should not take Amlodipine for high blood pressure?
You should not take Amlodipine for high blood pressure if:
- You are allergic (hypersensitive) to amlodipine or any of the other ingredients of this medicine (microcrystalline cellulose, sodium starch glycolate, colloidal anhydrous silica, Magnesium stearate) or to any other calcium antagonists. Amlodipine allergy may cause itching, reddening of the skin or difficulty breathing.
- You have severe low blood pressure (hypotension).
- You have narrowing of the aortic heart valve (aortic stenosis) or cardiogenic shock (a condition where your heart is unable to supply enough blood to the body).
- You suffer from heart failure after a heart attack.
You should consult your pharmacist or prescriber before taking Amlodipine Tablets for blood pressure if:
- Recent heart attack
- Heart failure
- Severe increase in blood pressure (Hypertensive crisis)
- Liver disease
- You are elderly and your dose needs to be increased
If you’re unsure if you should be take Amlodipine for high blood pressure, use our free Ask a Pharmacist service and we’ll do our best to answer any questions you have about the medication.
Does Almodipine for high blood pressure Interact With Any Other Medication?
Amlodipine to treat high blood pressure can interact with certain medication. You should consult your pharmacist or prescriber before taking Amlodipine for high blood pressure if you also currently taking:
- ketoconazole, itraconazole (anti-fungal medicines)
- ritonavir, indinavir, nelfinavir (so called protease inhibitors used to treat HIV)
- rifampicin, erythromycin, clarithromycin (antibiotics)
- hypericum perforatum (St. John’s Wort)
- verapamil, diltiazem (heart medicines)
- dantrolene (infusion for severe body temperature abnormalities)
- tacrolimus, sirolimus, temsirolimus, and everolimus (medicine used to alter the way your immune system works)
- simvastatin (a cholesterol lowering medicine)
- cyclosporine (an immunosuppressant)
Amlodipine may lower your blood pressure even more if you are already taking other medicines to treat your high blood pressure.
For a more comprehensive list of medication interactions, read the Amlodipine high blood pressure tablets Patient Information Leaflet.
What Are the Side Effects of Almodipine for high blood pressure?
Like all medication, Amlodipine used to treat high blood pressure can cause side effects, although not everybody gets them.
Visit your doctor immediately if you experience any of the following side effects after taking Amlodipine for high blood pressure:
- Sudden wheeziness, chest pain, shortness of breath or difficulty in breathing
- Swelling of eyelids, face or lips
- Swelling of the tongue and throat which causes great difficulty breathing
- Severe skin reactions including intense skin rash, hives, reddening of the skin over your whole body, severe itching, blistering, peeling and swelling of the skin, inflammation of mucous membranes (Stevens Johnson Syndrome, toxic epidermal necrolysis) or other allergic reactions
- Heart attack, abnormal heart beat
- Inflamed pancreas which may cause severe abdominal and back pain accompanied with feeling very unwell
The following are common side effects of Amlodipine for high blood pressure. If this causes you problems or lasts for more than one week, you should seek medical assistance.
Common side effects of Amlodipine tablets:
- Oedema (fluid retention)
- Headache, dizziness, sleepiness (especially at the beginning of treatment
- Palpitations (awareness of your heart beat), flushing
- Abdominal pain, feeling sick (nausea)
- Altered bowel habits, diarrhoea, constipation, indigestion
- Tiredness, weakness
- Visual disturbances, double vision
- Muscle cramps
- Ankle swelling
- Low blood pressure
If you are experiencing abnormal liver function from Amlodipine high blood pressure medication contact a medical professional immediately.
Can You Buy Amlodipine for high blood pressure Online?
Amlodipine for high blood pressure is available to buy from e-Surgery for just £8.50.
Related Blog Articles
Keep up to date with important company news and insights.
View More Articles
Proudly Supported By Industry Experts
Keep up to date with important company news and insights.
We deliver your medication in FULLY recyclable packaging with special next day delivery!