£21.50 – £54.00
Treclin Gel is a topical treatment used for moderate to severe acne. It is a combination of the antibiotic Clindamycin and the retinoid Tretinoin that is effective at eliminating acne. You can buy Treclin Gel from e-Surgery online now.
Price CheckerTreclin Gel
Please note: Our price checker is only to be used as a reference of our price for this medication. If you are approved by our prescribers, they will decide on a suitable treatment for you to jointly consider.
Your Online Medical Consultation
Read upWhat is Treclin Gel? How do you take Treclin Gel? Side effects of Treclin Gel? Interactions of Treclin Gel with alcohol and food? Any interactions of Treclin Gel with other drugs? Is there any reason why I would not be able to take Treclin Gel? Why should I take Treclin Gel? How do I store Treclin Gel Can I buy Treclin Gel online?
What is Treclin Gel?
Treclin Gel contains the active substances clindamycin and tretinoin.
Clindamycin is an antibiotic. Treclin Gel reduces the growth of bacteria associated with acne and the inflammation caused by these bacteria.
Tretinoin normalizes the growth of superficial skin cells and shedding of the cells that clog the hair follicles in areas with acne. This prevents the build-up of skin oil and the formation of blackheads and whiteheads.
Clindamycin and Tretinoin are more effective when combined together in the form of Treclin Gel, rather than being used alone.
How do you take Treclin Gel?
You should always use the medicine exactly as directed by your doctor.
The usual recommended dose of Treclin Gel is a pea-sized amount applied once daily at bedtime.
Wash your face gently with mild soap and warm water and pat your skin dry with a towel. Squeeze a pea-sized amount of gel onto the fingertip. Dab the gel on your forehead, chin, nose and both cheeks, and then gently spread Treclin Gel evenly over your whole face.
Do not use more than the amount that has been suggested by your doctor, or apply the product more frequently than instructed. Too much medication may irritate the skin, and will not give faster or better results.
Side effects of Treclin Gel?
The most common side effects of Treclin Gel are:
Acne, dry skin, redness of the skin, increased skin oil production, sensitivity of the skin to light, itching, rash, scaly rash, scaling of the skin, sunburn, inflamed skin, and redness of the skin.
Skin irritation and dryness typically goes away with continued use.
Less common side effects of Treclin Gel are:
- Underactive thyroid gland (symptoms may include fatigue, weakness, weight gain, dry hair, rough pale skin, hair loss, increased sensitivity to cold).
- Eye irritation
- Gastroenteritis (inflammation of any part of the gastro-intestinal tract), nausea
- Inflamed skin, herpes simplex (cold sore), rash macular (small, flat, red spots), skin bleeding, skin burning sensation, loss of skin pigmentation, skin irritation
- Application site symptoms such as irritation, swelling, superficial skin damage, discolouration, itching, scaling
- Feeling hot, pain
Interactions of Treclin Gel with alcohol and food?
There are no known interactions between Treclin Gel and food.
Any interactions of Treclin Gel with other drugs?
As far as it is known, Treclin Gel does not interact with any drugs.
Is there any reason why I would not be able to take Treclin Gel?
DO NOT use Treclin Gel:
- if you are pregnant
- if you are planning a pregnancy
- if you are allergic to clindamycin, tretinoin, or any of the other ingredients of this medicine.
- if you are allergic to lincomycin.
- if you have a chronic inflammatory bowel disease (e.g. Crohn’s disease or ulcerative colitis).
- if you have a history of colitis with past antibiotic use which is characterised by prolonged or significant diarrhoea or abdominal cramps.
- if you or a member of your family have ever suffered from skin cancer.
- if you are suffering from acute eczema which is characterised by inflamed, red, dry and scaly skin.
- if you are suffering from rosacea, a skin disease which affects the face and is characterised by redness, pimples and peeling.
- if you are suffering from other acute inflammatory conditions of the skin (e.g. folliculitis), especially around the mouth (perioral dermatitis).
- if you are suffering from certain special forms of acne vulgaris characterized by pustular and deep cystic nodular acne lesions (acne conglobata and acne fulminans).
If any of the above applies to you, do not use this medicine and talk to your doctor.
Why should I take Treclin Gel?
Treclin Gel is an antibiotic meaning that it kills bacteria. Therefore, using Treclin Gel will reduce the symptoms of acne. After prolonged use, Treclin Gel will make changes to your skin which will make it less likely to get more acne.
How do I store Treclin Gel
Do not use Treclin Gel after the expiry date which is stated on the packaging. Do not store Treclin Gel above 25°C and do not freeze. Store the closed Treclin Gel tube away from direct heat.
Can I buy Treclin Gel online?
Yes, you can legally order Treclin Gel from registered online prescribers such as e-Surgery.
Whenever you are buying Treclin Gel or any other medication, make sure you check for the green GPhC and MHRA logos on the bottom of each page of the website you are using.
1 x 30g Tube, 2 x 30g Tubes, 3 x 30g Tubes